Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just Thinking Tonight. . .

I was just sitting here catching up on some blog reading. I do not post everyday, but I try to read and jump around here and there. I have been reading about one blog friend's husband's serious surgery and his tough recovery. Then there is this amazing woman that just lost her baby at 21 weeks. My other good, bloggy friend is sharing her struggles after losing her beloved husband to cancer. Another woman's blog that I love to read just found out that her husband is being deployed to Iraq. The list seems to go on and on. Of course, there is always lighthearted, funny stuff too. It just hit me. This is life. There are ups and downs in every life. I have learned not to take one minute for granted. Never did I ever for one moment think that I would care so much about these people that I have met (kind of) on the computer. I have found myself reading with tears going down my cheeks. I lay in bed praying at night for my family, my friends, my blog friends. . .The list keeps getting bigger. My mother told me before that the bigger the family that you have equals more worrying. By hopping on this computer I have opened myself up to more to worry about. My prayers are with you all. For the ones that are enduring difficult times, I truly hope these prayers are helping.

11 comments:

KG said...

Who is the person whose hubby is going to Iraq? I'd love to stop in to her blog since MY hubby is there now!

Amy said...

This sure puts things into perspective. The little things really aren't worth bitching about. I am off to bed and to say my prayers. I'll say some extra ones for you! =)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Love how you put this. NEver in my wildest dreams did I imagine getting to "close" to people I don't really even know.

I'd like to add to your mom's thoughts. I agree that the bigger the family, the more worry we have. But I also feel that the bigger the family, the more we are blessed.

I truly feel lucky you have you all in my life...even if it is only via the blog world.

Hallie :)

Happy Days said...

I should add that the more people to worry about also equals the more people to care and worry in return!

Amy said...

Caring and worrying thoughts are consuming!

CC said...

Thank you! We could all use it!!!

kim-d said...

I often think about exactly what you said in your post. I never imagined I could care so much about people I've never met; nor did I ever imagine that I could feel so cared about in return by those same people! To me, it has been such a blessing that it is almost too much for words. So much love that it is completely awesome! But, man...those prayers sure do take a lot longer than they used to...HA!

just jamie said...

Oh I know, I know. I truly, honestly, lay in bed and pray for Blog friends or their extended family. I think it's special ... strange that I don't even "know" them, but special because they've reached me.

Mary Alice said...

You are the sweetest most empathetic person. It is life isn't it...ups and downs, joys and sorrows. Thank you for your prayers and you just love that family of yours and enjoy every day.

girlymom said...

I know who you are talking about and have cried for them as well. I cannot imagine the strength it takes to get up in the morning. I admire them all and remember them when I think things are overwhelming here. Thanks for keeping it in perspective.

Zoe said...

god knows i need all the prayers i can get! your so sweet!