Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Will be Sleeping Tonight. . .

I hope! I can't tell you the last night I got a solid night sleep. I know that once you have kids you never really sleep like you did before, but lately this has been ridiculous! It is all my fault. The sick wake up calls become routine, but once I have been woken up lately I have been finding it really hard to go back to sleep. I have been driving myself crazy with worry. After today, I feel so much better!
The kids are all feeling much better. We had are meeting at Children's Hospital today. I can not tell you enough about what a wonderful and amazing place that is! At a personal level, we were taken care of! They spent so much time with us. They answered all of our questions. They are taking care of my babe. Although, this is going to be something that he will always have and he will always have to be on medicine, I feel like he is going to be OK! Looking around at everyone else's babies, big and small, I felt lucky! They are working miracles there. Those doctors and nurses are not average, they are angels!
I have more energy. I do not feel as overwhelmed. I will be back to blogging. Thank you again for all of your kind words, thoughts, and prayers! Goodnight!

13 comments:

Zoe said...

lisa i'm glad to hear that today gave you some peace of mind. i have been thinking about you waiting to hear. i hope you have a good nights sleep!

girlymom said...

I am so glad that things are coming around well for you all and that they are hopeful with the medicine. Get some rest...

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Hi Lisa,

That's great news that you are all on the mend! Managing a disease with medicine/lifestyle will become routine before you know it, and your son will be feeling like his old self again! I'm glad what he has is treatable! Sounds like you need some serious sleep, take care of yourself and get some rest!

Lizzy

Amber said...

I hope you did sleep well. I am so glad that you can look at the circumstance and have peace. It is a blessing to be surrounded by comforting people who know what you are going through, sounds like that is what you have. I hope you have many more restful nights to come.

Kellan said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are getting answers and feeling better about things - that must be a relief and once some of the stress is relieved it does help. Take care - Kellan

kim-d said...

Oh Lisa! I cannot even tell you how happy it made me to read this post--even though I am reading it a day late! There is nothing like knowing that you have medical professionals that also have a heart, and that they will make sure your boy will be okay. Minneapolis Children's Hospital is also full of angels--they got my twin grandsons through that nasty RSV. I am so glad that you can have some peace of mind, and some REST! Just know that Charlie-With-the-Nice-Smile has never been out of my prayers, and never will be! SO HAPPY...

just jamie said...

Glad you're back. Sounds like things are on the right track for you, and your family. Keep us posted.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Sleep is IMPORTANT!

:-) Beth

OHmommy said...

Did you get a good nights sleep? :)

Amy said...

lisa-

i am really glad you have had some of your questions answered. he is a resiliant little boy! of course you are the best mom to him. though it isn't easy try to sleep! i know it's easier said than done.

i love you guys!!!

Michelle Leigh said...

Your sister asked us to stop by and say a prayer for you and your family. I just wanted to let you know that you are all in my prayers tonight.

OHmommy said...

you haven't blogged for a while.... I was worried.

You, my friend, are in our prayers. I hope everything and everyone is well.

MWAH.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

In the grand scheme of things this is good news. I'm glad the doctors can treat this.

Big hugs to you!

Beth