Friday, February 8, 2008

Just one of those days. . .

I woke up this morning to Abby and Charlie pulling the covers off of me in a desperate attempt to get me out of bed. I just couldn't get up. When I finally did pull myself out of my bed I looked at the clock and we were late. I stumbled down the stairs and put together a quick breakfast for the three rascals. As they ate I ran back up and grabbed clothes for each. I threw some clothes on this body and ran back down. I changed William and at the same time coached Abby and Charlie to get there clothes on. With William all dressed I put him in the play pen and got the other two to brush their teeth and wash their face and hands. We were a little backwards today, but, I was rushing!! We got shoes, hats, gloves, and coats on and off to the car we went. There was a dusting of snow so I got everybody strapped into the car, started it up and then scraped the snow off. Finally, we were on our way! We got to preschool at exactly 9:00. We made it! After all of that we were on time!
After I got them settled into their class room, William and I took off to get this momma some coffee. I was having one of those days. Aside from waking up late and rushing the kids off to school I was feeling stuffed into my jeans! This feeling comes along every so often, but lately with the winter months here and not excercising like I would like to be I am having that feeling alot! I went through the drive through at Dunkin Donuts and only ordered a coffee, thinking, no more snacks for this momma who is stuffed in her jeans! I stopped at my parrents house for a quick visit before going home to clean the disaster that I had left behind. I sat down with my Mom as my Dad took William into the play room to get some toys. I said to my Mom, " I am having one of those days. You know Mom, my jeans feel tight and I don't even feel comfortable in my undies." She said, "Oh Lisa, you look great. Just buy some new undies, that always makes you feel better!" We got up and went in with my Dad and William and I visited a little longer and then William and I headed home.
When I got home I put William in for a nap and started cleaning. I stopped to take a bathroom break and you wouldn't beleive what I found. I am sure I have put on a few pounds in these winter months and that is why my jeans feel tight, but maybe things were not as bad as I thought! The reason why I felt so uncomfortable in my undies was because . . .my thongs were on backwards!

8 comments:

Mary said...

Holy effing sugar balls!
How the heck did you manage to screw up putting on your undies?!?!? I just choked on my water as I started laughing at this!

Baby got toe!!

girlymom said...

You are too much!! I've done inside out before, but never backwards...and a thong~ ouch!
Hope you enjoyed the coffee, I just made myself an afternoon dose, I'm having a hard time staying awake and motivated today. It would help if the sun would shine sometime this month- Ugh.
I love that your mom just said to buy some new panties~ that's what I would have done! :)

Have a great weekend!

kim-d said...

Ummm, Lisa? Most people try to avoid the cameltoe look, not ACCENTUATE it! I could go off on a whole tangent about a backwards thong, but I just...won't. Instead, I'm just going to pick up where I left off last night...BWAHAHAHA! You are so funny I can't stand it. AND...AND...your kids? Awwww! THE FEET OF WILLIAM :) Would ya just look at those toes! The legs? Oh, I just can't stand it! Cute doesn't even begin to cover it.

Amy said...

holy moses!!! didn't he part the red sea! you must have parted "something" fierce!!!

Happy Days said...

oh AMY!!!! Did you have to say that!

Mary said...

Is that the same Amy that posted about blog angels today? It can't be. This must be her alter-ego.

Zoe said...

LMAO! yikes i bet that was uncomfortable. that sounds like a typical morning at my house. minus the thong.

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Ouch! You have my sympathy! (that's why I stick to the 'ol bikini underwear myself! I don't like having a string between my cheeks, either!) *giggle* Can't believe I just said that!

Lizzy